First, thank you for your continued support as we plant Redeemer Church in Ajax.
Moving Into The Neighbourhood
We’ve finally moved to a great new neighbourhood in Ajax – please pray for opportunities to build relationships with our neighbours, other churches and potential team members. The challenge of planting a church in a bedroom community is more apparent and daunting than ever as I observe the empty streets in daytime, and busy homes in the evening.
You can help by praying for open doors, common ground, and good conversations.
You can also help by introducing us to anyone you know in Durham Region.
Redeem the Commute
Development of Redeem the Commute’s video and audio content, web site and mobile app is taken on a frenzied pace, and we are on track for a September 24th launch. I am learning a lot, and am pleased with how things are shaping up.
- Hospitable followers of Jesus who use our content, and make themselves available in a certain timeslot each week on the train, bus, or elsewhere for discussion of prepared questions. We want some groups “seeded” and ready for launch in September. No guarantees – some group offerings will attract members, some won’t, depending on particular times & locations.
- A host’s first instinct shouldn’t be to invite a new participant to attend their own church, but to walk with participants as they grow in discipleship, and ultimately rejoice with those who form a new church in September 2013.
- A host should commit to this for at least a year (Sept. 2012-Sept. 2013), while remaining active in their home church, with no obligation to attend public worship with Redeemer in September 2013.
- If this sounds like you or someone in your church, please connect with me!
- We are pleased to announce our partnership with Relationship Central (Alpha) Canada! This fall we will be launching Redeem the Commute with mobile, daily versions of the Marriage Course and two Parenting Courses!
- Through our partnership with St. Paul’s Bloor Street we’ll be launching with a mobile, daily version of the Christianity 101 course I taught while on staff there.
- I have been or will be speaking at some churches in Ajax and the GTA this summer and fall, to share our vision, get help in spreading the word, and connect with potential group hosts. Thanks to those who’ve invited me!
Thanks for your support and prayer!