August has been a busy month in the development of Redeemer Church and Redeem the Commute! Now that we’re on the ground in Ajax, we’ve been getting settled, meeting neighbours and potential partners, and preparing to launch Redeem the Commute in just one month.
- Finalized our contract with Alpha / Relationship Central permitting our use of their Marriage Course, and the Parenting Children and Parenting Teenagers Course.
- Spoke at Westney Heights Baptist Church in Ajax to share our vision for Redeem the Commute and develop partnerships. Upcoming visits to St. George’s Pickering Village and Crossroads Community Church.
- Ordered advertising postcards for handing out to commuters, and requested permission from GO Transit to use their property.
- Most importantly, our app is fully developed and submitted to Apple and Android for approval. all goes well, we will be on track to launch September 24th!
How you can help us launch on September 24th:
- Everyone: Share a Redeem the Commute postcard with friends and neighbours on September 24th. Just tell me how many you’d like, and where to mail or deliver them!
- Everyone: Help hand out postcards from 7-9am on September 24th or October 1st
- Everyone: Offer your time as a group host. Starting this fall, we need people who will engage with our daily online content and make themselves available once a week for their fellow commuters, friends, neighbours and colleagues to find and meet with on a train, bus, carpool, neighbourhood, workplace, coffee shop, or wherever you like! I’ll offer you pre-launch training (for Fall 2012), leadership coaching, and regular visits. We will not ask you to leave your home church, but want you to remain committed there, while serving as a host for at least a year.
- Pastors: Provide Redeem the Commute postcards for your members to share with friends and neighbours. Just let me how many you’d like and I’ll deliver.
- Pastors: I am happy to come and speak to your congregation or leadership team about our vision, and to ask for your prayer support and assistance in getting the word out.
And please pray for our family, those discerning joining us as hosts, and those who will see and respond to Redeem the Commute.