CREATING MISSIONAL CENTERS
From An Institution To A Movement
Alan will explore the four areas of theology and practice that hold the keys to the revitalization and growth of the church in our times. This will explain why Christology, Discipleship, Mission, and Organization are critical focal points for recalibration and development.
- At this point, the Western church does not need reformation, but refounding.
- He suggested reformation can be accomplished by speaking the love language of your organization, but refounding means we need to go back to the founder and love language of Christianity
- He quoted David Kinnaman (who wrote an important study of young Americans, unChristian and now You Lost Me.) saying he was told, “These people [Christians] don’t remind us of their founder”
- Movements are discipleship obsessed
- An apostolic movement = multiplication church planting + mission of everyone, everywhere